Saturday, April 28, 2018

Chicken..Kinda Ironic

Yesterday was a very nice day, I got a lot accomplished outside.  Lambing season is over and I have about half the sheep sheared. Since the weather was beautiful I opted to spend my day up front in the gardens.  Most people know me as a sheep farmer, but I am also a HUGE cut flower grower.  I have 2 acres of gardens up front by the road that has raised beds, cut flower beds, grapes, lots of lavender and a cute little garden shed to sell stuff out of.

One thing that takes soooo much time from me is the WEEDS. So this year I decided my motto is "Plan ahead, work hard now, so you don't have to work harder, later" LOL I spent the whole day laying weed block.

When I finally headed up to the barn for my evening chores, I noticed one of my chickens was dead in the coop. I was very sad and had to take care of the body. I hate when I loose an animal. I don't even like to see the Cats get a mouse.  I know it happens but I don't like having to see it.

With that being said. Tim came home from work and asked what we were having for dinner. I was dead tired and really didn't want to cook.  The first place that came to mind was "LEE'S" famous Chicken.  Doesn't it seem odd and ironic that after taking care of  my dead laying hen I was really hungry for fried chicken.  I felt horrible about it, but they (Lee's) do have good chicken.

Peace Out.  and RIP miss chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment