Sunday, April 8, 2018

Too cold out, lets recycle & reuse

Living in Northern Ohio has its ups and downs. Downs include the weather. Today is a DOWN DAY. 32 degrees outside and windy with just a hint of sun. This type of weather makes farm work such an effort. I have to bundle up every time I head outside. Making sure I have my  hood, gloves, boots, ect.  So today is an inside project day since the weather is not cooperating.

My farm is all about recycle, reuse, refurbish. I am working on a few little things for my garden shed up front and the farmers market. Today I am making Soup Can Candles.  I use beautiful fun Chalk paint colors to paint recycled soup cans and with scents that fill your home. The smells are heavenly.  Also I use all natural waxes and oils.  These are going to be a huge hit this summer.

While my cans dry between paint coats, I headed out to do some afternoon farm chores. And as you can see I'm bundled up like an Eskimo.

There was a bit of excitement out in the barn. I have cameras, lights and heat lamps plugged in. While I was collecting eggs I noticed the breaker had tripped. Went to go find Tim to fix it. When we tripped in back on flames started coming out of one of the lights. Looks like a wire broke at the base and it was in the midst of catching on fire. SO GLAD WE SAW IT.

After outside farm chores I walked around looking at the flower beds. I have lilac bushes right outside of my office window. For weeks they have had buds, but  no leaves.  Once I see some tiny greens I'll start feeling better.   The cold and wind is taking its toll on me, emotionally and since I am not a cold loving person, its also physically kicking my butt.

Now with a nice hot cup of Coffee and feet in front of the fire,  this farm girl is Happy.

Peace Out, Farm PEEPS!


No comments:

Post a Comment